Target Area: Core
Equipment: Not required
- Start in a plank position.
- Shift your upper body up onto your left elbow and forearm. Position your elbow under your shoulder.
- Brace your core by contracting your abs forcefully as if you were about to be punched in the gut.
- Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders. Your head should stay in line with your body.
- Fully extend your other arm as if reaching towards the ceiling.
- Hold this position for the prescribed time before changing sides.
Increase the time in which you are holding your plank.
Decrease the time of your plank hold or try dropping to your knee instead of on your toes.