Target Area: Lower Body
- Start with your feet hip width apart and a bench directly behind you. Raise one foot slightly off the ground while you balance on the other.
- Hold your arms straight out in front of you parallel to the floor with your palms facing downward.
- Brace your core and hinge at the hips to begin lowering your body toward the bench. Don’t allow the heel of your balancing foot to leave the ground.
- Your non-working leg should be extending straight out in front of you parallel to the floor while you descend downward.
- Sit onto the bench and then move back up into starting position. Perform for the number of prescribed repetitions.
Add weight. Only add weight to this exercise once you can perform 20 bodyweight pistol squats consecutively.
Practise below parallel squats with a narrow stance before progressing to a pistol squat or use a TRX swing for support.