Target Area: Lower Body
Equipment: Not required
- Start with your feet hip width apart.
- Raise one foot slightly off the ground while you balance on the other..
- Hold your arms straight out in front of you parallel to the floor with your palms facing downward.
- Brace your core and hinge at the hips to begin lowering your body toward the ground. Don’t allow the heel of your balancing foot to leave the ground.
- Your non-working leg should be extending straight out in front of you parallel to the floor while you descend downward.
- At the bottom of the movement, allow your glute to rest on your calf and then begin moving back up into starting position. Perform for the number of prescribed repetitions.
Add weight. Only add weight to this exercise once you can perform 20 bodyweight pistol squats consecutively.
Practise below parallel squats with a narrow stance before progressing to a pistol squat or use a TRX swing for support.