Target Area: Upper Body
Equipment: Barbell, Weight Collars, Weight Plates
- Position the loaded barbell in front of your feet. Standing with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart and squat down to pick up the bar using a pronated grip.
- As you come up, lift the barbell up to rest on your chest, ensuring your elbows are positioned high. This is your starting position.
- Keeping your torso erect and tensed, push the bar with your arms to a fully extended elbow position overhead while moving your head through the bar.
- Lower the bar slowly back to your shoulders before repeating the overhead movement again.
- There should be no momentum from your legs or body, just the strength from your shoulders and arms. This is one repetition
Increase the weight on the bar or number of repetitions.
Decrease the weight on the bar or number of repetitions