Target Area: Upper Body
Equipment: Barbell, Weight Collars, Weight Plates
- Position the loaded barbell in front of your feet. Standing with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart and squat down to pick up the bar using a pronated grip.
- As you come up, lift the barbell up to rest on your chest, ensuring your elbows are positioned high.
- Slightly flex the hips and knees, keeping your torso erect.
- Immediately follow with an explosive push upward by extending the knees.
- Keep your torso erect and tensed. Push the bar with the arms to a fully extended position overhead.
- Lower the bar back to your shoulders, flexing your hips and knees slightly as the bar touches them. This is one repetition.
Increase the weight on the bar or number of repetitions.
Decrease the weight on the bar or number of repetitions