Target Area: Core
Equipment: Cable Machine, Rope Attachment
- Kneel below a high cable with the rope attachment attached high on the pulley.
- Grab the rope attachment and lower the rope until your hands are placed either side of your face.
- Flex your hips slightly and allow the weight to hyperextend or invert the lower back. This will be your starting position.
- Flex the stomach as you contract the abs so that the elbows travel towards the middle of the thighs.
- Exhale as you perform this portion of the movement and hold for a second.
- Slowly return to the starting position as you inhale. Make sure that you keep constant tension on the abs throughout the movement.
Increase the weight on the machine or hold the crunch position for longer
Decrease the weight on the machine or number of repetitions.