Target Area: Lower Body
- Rest your upper back and shoulders on a bench.
- Position your feet with one knee bent and the other foot flat on the floor or hoisted in the air.
- Position your foot so that the heel of the working leg is close to your buttocks.
- Drive your hips upwards by pressing your foot firmly to the floor and squeezing at the top of the exercise (while avoiding overextending).
- Gradually lower back to the starting position, ensuring that you maintain tension. Perform the number of prescribed repetitions before alternating to the other leg.
Perform the exercise with a dumbbell or barbell across your hips and above the pelvis.
Practise a few reps at a time.