Target Area: Lower Body
Equipment: 2 x Dumbbells, Bench
- Position the dumbbell across your hips and above your pelvis comfortably. You can use a cushion or towel to make this more comfortable, especially as you increase the weight being lifted.
- Rest your upper back and shoulders on a bench.
- Position your feet with one knee bent and the other foot flat on the floor or hoisted in the air.
- Position your foot so that the heel of the working leg is close to your buttocks.
- Drive your hips upwards by pressing your foot firmly to the floor and squeezing at the top of the exercise (while avoiding overextending).
- Gradually lower back to the starting position, ensuring that you maintain tension. Perform the number of prescribed repetitions before alternating to the other leg
Increase the weight of the dumbbells or number of repetitions.
Decrease the weight of the dumbbells or number of repetitions.