Target Area: Upper Body
Equipment: 1 x Dumbbell, Bench
- Start with the dumbbell in your hand and your feet positioned in a wide stance with the opposite hand on a bench to stabilise yourself. Keep your back straight at all times.
- Fully extend your elbow allowing the dumbbell to ‘hang’ directly below your shoulder.
- Draw your shoulder blade backwards and downwards, creating tightness through your core.
- Pull the dumbbell in towards your hip and contract your back muscles.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position. Perform for the number of prescribed repetitions.
Increase the weight of the dumbbells or number of repetitions.
Decrease the weight of the dumbbells or number of repetitions.