Looking for a simple, healthy and yummy dish that the whole family will love? We got you, GF!
Say hello to our fave Teriyaki Salmon Poke Bowl 😍 Not only does this baby taste like heaven in a bowl, but it's fully loaded with goodness, too!
Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals to heal and nourish your body, it’s the perfect feel-good recipe to whip up in minutes and keep you powering on throughout the day.
With a whopping 35g of protein per serve it packs a muscle-building punch, and is full of immune support goodness such as ginger, lemon, and veggies. For an added antioxidant bonus, you can also top it off with coriander.
Keep scrolling for the recipe, sis!
Teriyaki Salmon Poke Bowls
Cals: 304.7 P: 35.5g F: 21.5g C: 49.4g
230g boneless salmon (raw weight)
1 tsp (5mL) extra virgin olive oil
1.5 cups (250g) cooked brown rice, cooked as per packet instructions
⅓ cup (65g) edamame beans, cooked
¾ cup loosely packed (70g) carrot, grated
2 medium (45g) radish, thinly sliced
1 cup (75g) red cabbage, thinly shredded
1 tbls (15mL) apple cider vinegar
2 tbls (30mL) tamari (alternatively use soy sauce)
1 tbls (15mL) rice wine vinegar
1 tbls (15mL) sugar free maple syrup
¼ tsp fresh minced ginger
1 tbls (22g) Sriracha sauce
1 tbls (18g) high-protein low fat yogurt (e.g. Chobani)
½ tbls (approx. ¼) lemon, juice
- Dice salmon into 2-3cm cubes. Mix teriyaki marinade ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add salmon, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for 2+ hours or overnight.
- Cook brown rice as per packet instructions either via stovetop or in a rice cooker. Set aside.
- Grate carrot, thinly slice radish and set aside. Thinly shred cabbage and place in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and apple cider vinegar and combine well. Set aside. Mix sriracha dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick pan. Add salmon and excess marinade and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and marinade is caramelised. Remove from the heat.
- Divide brown rice into 2 bowls, top each bowl with half the teriyaki salmon. Divide edamame, carrot, cabbage and radish between both bowls. Drizzle sriracha dressing over the top.
Top tip: You can buy edamame (in shells or already shelled) frozen from supermarkets. Cook by boiling in water for 5 minutes. Allow to cool or run under cold water before squeezing out soybeans (if shelled).
Who's off to make this right now? Let us know in the comments below!
If you're looking for more delish recipes like this one, get on over to THE BOD app, girl. We've added 60+ NEW recipes you're going to love!