Need some weekend breaky inspiration? We got you, gurl!
It’s time to treat yourself with these pretty Pink Protein Pancakes! 🎀💞 YUMMM 😍
Not only do these taste delish and look AMAZING, but they’re packed with a whopping 25g of protein per serve too! Get it, gurl!
Check out these MACROS:
Cals: 449 P: 25g F: 15 C: 48.5g
Ready to dig in, sis? Let’s get to the recipe!
Pink Protein Pancakes
- ½ cup (50g) rolled oats
- ½ large (60g) banana
- 1 large (51g) egg
- ½ tsp (3g) cinnamon
- 30g cooked or canned beetroot
- ½ scoop (15g) protein powder
- 1 tsp (5g) coconut oil
- 1-2 tbls water
- 70g strawberries
- 1 tbls (15mL) sugar-free maple syrup
- Add all ingredients except oil and strawberries into a blender. 2. Blend until smooth.
- Heat oil on medium in a large non-stick fry pan.
- Pour out ¼ of the mixture. Cook until little bubbles start forming on the top of the pancake. Flip and continue cooking for a further 30 seconds. Set aside on a plate.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Top pancakes with chopped strawberries and maple syrup.
Top Tip: You can use tinned sliced or whole beetroot, or cooked beetroot from the fresh produce aisle of supermarkets.
For vegan, swap the egg for a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water) and use a plant-based protein powder.
Ready for more yummy recipes like this? Find 60+ NEW recipes in THE BOD app!