This delicious, vegan dish is so easy to whip up and is perfect for lunch, a post-workout snack, or as a side with dinner. This recipe is from THE BOD Nutrition and can also be found in THE BOD app, along with 160+ nutritious meals, snacks and desserts.
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 3g Garlic Clove
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock (Salt reduced)
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 75g Avocado
- 2 tbs Lime Juice
- 2 tbs Coriander
- 400g Diced Tomatoes (Canned)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat.
- Mince the garlic clove and add to the skillet and cook stirring frequently until fragrant (approximately 1 minute).
- Stir in the rice, vegetable stock, drained beans, tomatoes, corn, chilli powder and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked through (approximately 40 minutes).
- Peel and dice avocado and stir in, along with the lime juice and coriander.
- Serve immediately.
Check out these MACROS, sis!
Nutritional info per serve:
Cals: 384 Protein: 11.4g Fat: 9.9g Carbs: 6.3g Fibre: 6.1g Sugars: 7.8g
Let us know in the comments below if you give it a go!