High-protein foods are essential when it comes to supporting your health and fitness goals. Our bodies need protein to function so it’s important to get enough of it! But sometimes, you just wanna hit your protein intake without a shake. We get it, sis. We’ve rounded up some of our fave high-protein snack recipes that are perfect for the warmer, summer days - these babies will satisfy your midday hunger cravings and give you a good hit of protein at the same time!
Remember, sis - snacks are a great way to keep your energy levels up throughout the day, improve your productivity, keep you mentally sharp, and help you keep on track with your health and fitness goals. The important thing to remember when you’re feeling peckish is to make smart choices when it comes to snacks. Try to avoid high and refined sugar sources of simple carbs and dig into healthy alternatives instead (containing complex carbs) to satisfy those sweet cravings and keep you feeling energised (and fuller!) for longer.
Hungry? Get ready to tuck into these high-protein summer snack recipes!
Salted Caramel Protein Balls
- ½ cup (86g) dates
- ½ cup (50g) almond meal
- 2 scoops (60g) salted caramel protein powder
- ¼ cup (20g) desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup (80g) hulled tahini
- 3 tbls (45mL) coconut oil, melted
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and process until well combined. Add a splash of water if needed.
- Roll into 10 balls. Refrigerate or freeze to set.
Top Tip: Best kept in the fridge for 5 days or freezer for 3 months.
Top Tip: For vegan, use a plant-based protein powder. You may need to add additional coconut oil or water.
Nutritional information per serve:
Calories: 179.9 | Protein: 7.1g | Fat: 13g | Carbs: 8g
Carrot & Zucchini Muffins
- 2 large (51g each) eggs
- 1 cup (125g) carrot, grated
- ¾ cup (75g) zucchini, grated
- 2 tbls (5g) fresh thyme, chopped
- ¾ cup (180g) high-protein low fat Greek yogurt (Chobani)
- ½ cup (90g) buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup (45g) tapioca flour
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup (15g) nutritional yeast
- 1 tbls (20g) pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven 180 degrees Celsius. Line or grease a muffin tray.
- Grate carrot and zucchini. Chop fresh thyme.
- Add to a mixing bowl with all dry ingredients (except pumpkin seeds) – thyme, buckwheat flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt, and nutritional yeast.
- Whisk eggs and yogurt together. Pour into dry ingredients and fold through until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Spoon mixture into 8 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Nutritional information per serve:
Calories: 108.6 | Protein: 7.1g | Fat: 2.8g | Carbs: 15.6g
Chocolate Protein Mousse
Five ingredients is all it takes to make this silky, melt-in-the-mouth, chocolatey goodness. It’s the perfect healthy dessert or mid-afternoon snack!
Berry Protein Muffins
Made with whole food ingredients (and no nasties!), you’ll feel no guilt here - you’re getting nutrient-rich foods that are high in fibre and low in calories and saturated fat.
Green Smoothie Bowl
Not only does this baby taste like heaven in a bowl, but it's fully loaded with goodness, too!
Easy to whip up in minutes, it's the perfect go-to for a healthy breakfast, afternoon snack, or as pre-workout fuel.
Other easy grab 'n' go high-protein snacks? Try these:
Quick and super simple to make, chickpeas are a great source of plant-based protein. You can make these yourself by sprinkling a layer of chickpeas on a lined baking tray with spices like cumin, salt and paprika, and baking for an hour at 150°C fan-forced.
Dates with Nut Butter
This flavourful snack is an instant antidote if you have a sweet tooth! Simply cut open your dates, remove the pits, and add a teaspoon of your favourite nut butter. It’s an ideal protein chomp that takes less than 5 minutes to make!
Smoothies make an ideal snack before you exercise - they’re endlessly customizable, great for on the go, and will give you a boost without making you feel overly full. Packed with goodness and ridiculously tasty, these smoothie recipes will help keep you energised and satisfied any time of the day.
Find more nutritious and delicious snacks like this in THE BOD Snack Attack digital recipe book. Whether you’re a sweet or savoury kinda girl, we’ve got you covered with 12 easy, convenient and healthy snack recipes that will satisfy your hunger and keep you powering on throughout the day. Loaded with natural and nourishing ingredients, free from refined sugars, these smart snacks will keep you fired up at home, work, the gym, or whenever you need a little boost!
Shop THE BOD Snack Attack now.