Having the same breakfast over and over again can get pretty boring. We know, sis. And sometimes you just don't feel like scoffing down a full meal so early in the morning - it's human. But sometimes you gotta do what you don't wanna do for the sake of fuelling yourself right and having a good day.
Breakfast didn't earn its rap for being the most important meal of the day for nothing. A balanced breakfast can be incredibly beneficial in dictating how the rest of your day goes - read on to find out why.
THE BENEFITS OF EATING BREAKFAST
Eating breakfast is linked to:
- A more nutritionally complete diet, higher in nutrients, vitamins and minerals
- Improved concentration and performance
- More strength and endurance to engage in physical activity
Lower cholesterol levels
And good news, GF. Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring anymore!
TRY ONE OF THESE HEALTHY BREAKFAST IDEAS THE NEXT MORNING YOU NEED SOMETHING QUICK, EASY AND DELICIOUS!
They'll give you a bump of energy, won't leave your stomach with that heavy feeling and are great for you, too!
ALMOND MEAL PANCAKES
Calories: 442 Protein: 16.5g Fat: 34.2g Carbs: 17g
- 1 Medium Egg White
- 1 tbs Chia Seeds
- 1/3 tbs Honey
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
METHOD:1. Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat and spray lightly with oil.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and add more or less almond meal
depending on your desired consistency.
3. Pour the mixture in batches onto the pan, cooking one side at a time.
4. Serve immediately and top with honey and blueberries.
Calories: 214 Protein: 7g Fat: 7.3g Carbs: 30g
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tbs Chia Seeds
- 39g Strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
1. Use an airtight container.
2. Chop the strawberries up roughly.
3. Combine all of the ingredients in the container.
4. Store in the fridge overnight and serve cold in the morning.
Calories: 78 Protein: 1g Fat: 1.2g Carbs: 17.7g
- 100g Banana, frozen
- 50g Strawberries, frozen
- 50g Blueberries, frozen
- 20g Acai Pouch, frozen
- 50ml Almond Milk
- 1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor, blender or thermomix until smooth.
- 2. Serve immediately and top with your favourite fruit, nuts and seeds.
Find more delicious smoothie recipes, like our famous Breakfast Smoothie, right here.
Fancy a healthy and easy alternative to toast? Give this SWEET POTATO + CARROT AVOCADO 'TOAST' recipe a try! Trust us, you won’t be disappointed, sis.
And if you’re ready to swap your plain old granola, then we got chu, bae. Here’s our sweet and nutty CINNAMON NUTOLA recipe that is just too good to resist.
Which recipe are you going to try first, sis? Let us know below!