Alternatives to toast? We've got you covered with this Sweet Potato + Carrot Avocado 'Toast' Recipe!We can think of a whole bunch of reasons why this 'toast' recipe would be right up your alley:
- Wanting to change up the usual breaky routine
- The unending search for gluten-free alternatives
- Sweet potato lover - us in a nutshell!
- Looking for macro-friendly meal ideas to experiment with in the kitchen
Thank you to our athlete Megan (@m_louise_eegs), for creating and supplying this DELISH breakfast idea.
Sweet Potato + Carrot Avocado 'Toast'
- 3 cups mashed sweet potato and carrot puree (1.5 cups sweet potato, 1.5 cups carrot)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups kale
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- Combine the mash, egg, breadcrumbs, spices, salt and pepper and form 3 small patties using your hands.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a saucepan and cook the patties on both sides on medium to high heat until the patties are golden. Set the patties aside.
- Add 1 more teaspoon of olive oil to the saucepan, along with salt, pepper and the kale.
- Cook the kale to your liking and set aside.
- Add the eggs and the final teaspoon of oil and cook to your liking.
- Place your 'toast' on a plate, add the kale followed by the avocado.
- Top each toast with an egg and a sprinkling of sesame seeds!
MACROS 403 calories PROTEIN: 13.7g CARBS: 45.4g FATS: 19.5g
Do you have an alternative to our avocado toast recipe? We think this sweet potato + carrot avocado toast would taste amazing with a sprinkling of fresh chilli too!