If you can’t handle another mealtime meltdown, then don’t worry - we’ve got you covered!
We’ve put together some recipes that will not only have your kids begging for more, but we reckon the adults will be sneaking in for seconds, too.
Yep, your entire family will love these quick and delicious recipes, and you can have the peace of mind that your nutrition is looked after as well.
Broccoli & Cheese Bites
Serves: 5 | Time: 20 minutes
- 600g fresh broccoli florets
- 90g small brown onion
- 1 whole egg (whisked)
- ½ cup almond meal (45g)
- 60g extra sharp parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180º fan-forced and line the tray with baking paper.
- Chop stems off broccoli, boil for 5 minutes to soften.
- Process broccoli until finely chopped, removing excess water with a paper towel.
- Combine the broccoli, onion, egg, almond meal and fresh basil in a medium bowl.
- Roll the mixture into 20 evenly sized balls.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, rotating balls halfway.
Serves: 3 | Time: 35 minutes
- 600g zucchini
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan-forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the ends off the zucchinis and cut into strips or slices.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Combine the almond meal, garlic powder, salt, parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Coat the zucchini pieces in the egg mixture and then the dry mixture before transferring onto baking paper.
- Spray with cooking oil, bake in the oven turning once until golden for 20-25 minutes.
Warm Chicken & Rice Salad
Serves: 4 | Time: 10 minutes
- 450g packet cooked brown rice
- 2 cups (320g) cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup (80g) chopped dry roasted almonds
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum (150g), chopped
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- Heat rice in a large microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes on HIGH.
- Add chicken, almonds, onion and caesium to the bowl and mix well.
- Stir through the combined coconut oil and spices before serving.
- Season to taste with salt and sprinkle on extra sliced green onion, if you like.
Makes: 10 | Time: 15 minutes
- 2 large zucchini (300g)
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 tbs chopped chives
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tbs wholemeal plain flour
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Grate the zucchini coarsely. Squeeze excess liquid from the zucchini, in small amounts, using your hands.
- Combine zucchini with remaining ingredients, except the oil, in a medium bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture into the pan and spread lightly into rounds.
- Cook fritters for 2 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Drain on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil and zucchini mixture to make 10 fritters in total.
Chicken Sushi Rolls
Serves: 4 | Time: 15 minutes
- 4 chicken tenderloins (300g)
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 8 large slices wholemeal bread (360g)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (75g)
- 2 sheets nori, quartered
- 4 baby cucumbers (160g)
- 1/2 medium avocado (125g)
- Toss chicken in combined soy sauce and honey in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool. Cut tenderloin in half lengthways.
- Trim crusts from bread. Roll bread with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Spread bread with mayonnaise and top with nori.
- Cut cucumbers in quarters and cut avocado into eight slices lengthways.
- Divide chicken, cucumber and avocado among bread slices and roll up to enclose. Cut each roll into four pieces and serve up.
For more delicious and nutritious meals that your kids will love (and, let’s be honest, adults will too), Sophie’s My Kids Eat Volume 2 is bursting with 60+ kid-approved recipes!