What's better than pancakes? High protein pancakes!
Sometimes you just wanna hit your protein intake without a shake. Pancakes are such a comfort food, which often associates it with unhealthy. Not these high protein pancakes though. These babies will satisfy you and give you a good hit of protein at the same time.
Note* If you add any toppings, remember to track those too.
Some toppings you can add to your high protein pancakes include:
- Honey or maple syrup (to up your carbs)
- Butter (to increase your fats)
- Fresh fruit for your carbs (not to mention vitamins and minerals)
- Peanut butter (fats and carbs!)
- 130g cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 30g flour of your choice (we like oat or coconut)
- 30g banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a fork ( make it as chunky or smooth as you like!). You can also blend the ingredients in a food processor.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add the coconut oil.
- Spoon the mixture onto the pan to make four evenly sized pancakes (one at a time).
- Cook the pancakes at medium heat and flip when you see bubbles appear on the surface.
Macro Breakdown Per Serve:
CALORIES: 299 P: 24g C: 26.5g F: 9.3g