Free Dessert Recipe from THE BOD App
Our Restarters are getting the very first look at one of our app features, plus a free recipe too 😍 Our delicious take on Apple Pie is so good you can share it with your fam and friends.
Leave us a comment if you want another recipe from THE BOD App!
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 60g reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 30ml coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 large green apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon;1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to sprinkle
- To make the pastry, preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Sift the flours into a mixing bowl.
- Using a separate bowl, combine the ricotta and oil before carefully squishing into the flour.
- Using another bowl, combine the lemon juice and water.
- Add the lemon juice and water into the flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough in cling wrap and place it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll out 2/3 for the bottom of the pie and the remaining amount for the lid.
- Push the bottom portion into a pie tin.
- To make the filling, combine the apples, flour, cinnamon and lemon rind together in a bowl before evenly placing into the pie.
- Place the top on and press to secure, brush the lid with the egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake the pie for 45 minutes.
MACRO BREAKDOWN PER SERVE (SERVES 6)