Crispy, mouthwatering zucchini fries for the soul.
Bake till golden and voila! A nice change up from your sweet potato and regular potato chips, with a nice bite to it. THE BOD Zucchini Fries are coated in almond meal for crunch, and parmesan and garlic for a delicious kick of flavour.
What a perfect way to send off the last two weeks of the challenge! We are so pumped to start reviewing all your Week 12 entries and round up the finalists next week. This year has been special for #THEBODRestart as our overall winner is taking home a CAR! Be sure to submit your photos for your chance to zoom off into 2020!
Let's get to the recipe
MACROS Per Serve:
P: 10.2g C: 15.3g F: 15.5g
Serves: 3 | Time: 35 minutes
- 600g zucchini
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the ends off the zucchinis and cut into strips or slices.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Combine the almond meal, garlic powder, salt, parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Coat the zucchini pieces in the egg mixture and then the dry mixture before transferring onto baking paper.
- Spray with cooking oil, bake in the oven turning once until golden for 20-25 minutes.
Your fries should be gobbled up soon after cooking to maintain that delicious crunch. You can serve them with our reduced-sugar tomato sauce, or one of the many sauces in THE BOD App.
If you're already subscribed to THE BOD App, you'll find this recipe waiting in your recipe glossary. Make them, come back and let us know what you think!
Don't forget to tag us in your recreations on Instagram @thebod_ #THEBODRestart