Get some chickpeas in your diet
Chickpeas are jam-packed with nutrients! One cup of cooked chickpeas contain 84% of your recommended manganese intake, and 71% of your daily recommended folate intake.
From one 46 calorie serving of chickpeas (28 grams), 67% of these calories come from carbohydrates. Another thing to note down about chickpeas are there high-fibre content. A lot of us lack fibre in our diet, so why not include this easy dish as your next entree?
Let's get to the recipe
MACROS Per Serve:
P: 3.9g C: 14.1g F: 4.8g
Serves: 6 | Time: 15 minutes
- 500g butternut pumpkin
- 100g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon unhulled tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- Peel and seed the pumpkin. Cut into 2cm cubes.
- Steam the pumpkin for 5-10 minutes until soft. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a processor or blender, combine the pumpkin, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic powder and cumin. Combine until a smooth and thick consistency is reached.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and top with honey and pepitas.
For a vegan version, top the hummus with maple syrup instead of honey or skip the ingredient altogether.
Get THE BOD Fuel 30% off
Serve with our seeded crackers!
USE CODE: FUELUP30 FOR 30% OFF THE BOD FUEL!
Serve this hummus with our seeded crackers... or sweet potato toasts... or oat bread! All these delish recipes are in THE BOD Fuel!
Discount is valid for the entire Restart! Meaning you can take advantage of this offer until November 4!