Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas | Free Downloadable Recipe Card
Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas
Serves: 5 Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 onion (red) 160g (finely diced)
- 1 x 420g can of corn
- 1 x 420g can of black beans
- 1 capsicum red - 250g (finely diced)
- 125g cheese, cheddar light
- 10 small corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
2 tablespoons of Mexican spice mix
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat oil in pan add, garlic, onion, corn kernels, black beans and capsicum cook through for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the spices to prepare the Mexican spice mix and add to the pan. Set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to 180° fan-forced and prepare tray with baking paper.
- Cover one tortilla in a 5th of the mixture, sprinkle with cheese and cover with a second tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas and mixture.
- Place a second tray over the tortillas to hold them down flat.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Spread avocado on top to serve.