Target Area: Lower Body
Equipment: 2 x Dumbbells, Bench
- Grasp two dumbbells resting either side of your body.
- Set up a stable bench at an appropriate height.
- Step up into the centre of the box or step, leading with the right foot, then the left, bringing both feet completely onto the bench.
- Stand up tall before stepping back down.
- Return to the starting position by leading with the right foot to step down to the floor, then the left, before repeating on the left leg. Perform for the number of prescribed repetitions.
Increase the height of the step and add weight, or add a jump at the top of the movement (refer to Step-Up Jump).
Use bodyweight only.