Target Area: Lower Body
Equipment: Not required
- Start by lying on your back, with your arms by your side and palms flat on the floor. Keep your knees bent.
- Straighten your right leg.
- Push through your left heel to raise your hips and form a straight line with your hips, knees and shoulders.
- Keep your core drawn in to avoid overextending your back during the exercise.
- Pause for one second, squeezing your bottom together and lower slowly back to the floor. Perform the number of prescribed repetitions before alternating to the other leg.
Perform the exercise with a dumbbell or barbell across your hips and above the pelvis.
Master a Glute Bridge first