Target Area: Lower Body
Equipment: Not required
- You can perform this on a bench or table to provide a greater range of motion, however the floor is also fine. When performing this movement elevated on a bench or table, it allows you to hold onto something, giving you greater stability.
- Place the band around your ankles, lying on the floor face down.
- Make sure your hips are right at the edge if using a bench or table. Hold onto something in front of you if you want. Keep your upper body relaxed.
- Squeeze your legs together and point your toes out if you are having trouble activating your glutes.
- Lift your legs almost parallel to the ground, keeping your legs straight. Do not hyperextend your back and lift higher than parallel. You do not want to feel this in your lower back.
- Hold this position for 2-5 seconds and then lower down. Keep your core tight and really squeeze your glutes as you lift.