Target Area: Lower Body
Equipment: Not required
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart in a comfortable stance with your hands out in front of you or at your sides for stability.
- Hinge at your hips, then knees as if you were going to sit in a chair.
- Go as low as you can without placing any pressure on your joints, but instead focus on your muscle contractions.
- Upon reaching the bottom squat position, hold tightly without bouncing or moving for 2 seconds
- Pushing through your heels without bouncing, straighten your legs back up to return to a standing position. This is one repetition.
Add weight to the movement. This can be in the form of dumbbells held either at your sides or one dumbbell placed on your chest horizontally
Master an Air Squat first.