Target Area: Upper Body
Equipment: Not required
- Facing a wall, place both hands on the floor, shoulder width apart.
- Step forward with your dominant leg and kick yourself up against the wall with your arms straight.
- Your body should be upside down with the arms and legs fully extended. Keep your whole body as straight as possible.
- Slowly lower yourself to the ground, until your head almost touches the floor.
- Push yourself back up until your elbows are nearly locked. Perform for the number of prescribed repetitions.
Perform away from a wall, freestanding.
Master a Handstand Hold first before progressing to this exercise. If you are trying to attempt handstand push-ups, but are struggling, even after mastering the handstand hold, place a pillow underneath your head, and only go down as low as your body allows before pushing back up to straight arms.