Ditch the Friday night takeaway and whip up your own healthy version.
Save yourself the guilt and the $$! Here’s a healthy ‘fakeaway’ fish and chip recipe you and the whole family will LOVE!
- 200g Barramundi Fillets
- 160g Breadcrumbs
- 3 tsp Parsley
- 6g Garlic
- 3 tsp Lemon Rind
- 4 tbs Plain Flour
- 1 Medium Egg
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil
- Finely chop the parsley and the garlic cloves
- Using a dry bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic and grated lemon rind together.
- Using three different bowels, place the flour, lightly beaten egg and breadcrumbs in each one.
- Dip the fish in the flour first, the egg second and then coat in the crumb.
- Using a large frying pan, heat the coconut oil and cook the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel, then serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 1tbs Olive Oil
- 900g Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tbs Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced. Line a large tray with baking paper.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into 2cm wide strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato with just enough oil to coat. Sprinkle with mixed herbs and paprika.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a prepared basin sheet, being careful not to overcrowd.
- Bake until the sweet potato fries are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally. This should take around 15-30 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.