This recipe for pumpkin soup is EASY, VEGAN and OH SO CREAMY.
A winter warmer recipe that feels like a hug - and only 116 calories per serve. This recipe is SO easy, and an awesome last-minute dinner idea that you can bulk up with toasty bread and your choice of protein.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1kg Kent pumpkin. diced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Saute onions in a large saucepan for a couple of minutes.
- Add garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Then your favourite spices (we love Cayenne pepper and Italian herbs).
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is cooked through.
- Allow the mixture to cool and blend it in batches in a blender.
- Pour the blended soup back into your pan, and bring it to the boil once more.
- Turn the heat off and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Want to top your creamy pumpkin soup off with some protein?
Add tofu chunks or shredded chicken to complete your delicious pumpkin soup.
Are you loving our recipes?
We want to hear from you! Our next recipe book is a compilation of our favourite BITES to fuel your workout, satisfy you when 3.30pm rolls around, and to work in conjunction with your BOD program!
To be featured alongside delicious bites like these, submit your favourite macro-friendly recipe to email@example.com and you could be featured in our next recipe book!
Submissions close on the 3rd of June, 2018!