Skip the takeaway and dig into this yummy Chicken Korma recipe from THE BOD Fuel Recipe Book.
This Chicken Korma is one of our favourites for dinner, then as a lunch for the whole family for the rest of the week!
Give it a go and let us know what you think!
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE
23.4g total fat (11.7g sat fat) | 1927kJ (460 cal) | 15.5g carbohydrate | 43.3g protein | 7.7g fibre
- 600g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion (150g), chopped finely
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), cut into long thin strips
- ½ cup (140g) Sugar-free Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup (180ml) chicken stock (see page 186)
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- ½ cup (75g) roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- Trim chicken of any fat, then cut into 4cm pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add spices and salt; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add vegetables and chicken; stir to coat in spices.
- Add tomato sauce, stock, coconut milk and half the cashews; bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce heat to low; cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in half the coriander.
- Top korma with yoghurt and remaining cashews and coriander; serve with brown rice, if you like.
MIX IT UP
For a vegetarian version of the korma, replace the chicken with 250g tofu cut into 4cm pieces, the chicken stock with vegetable stock, and add additional vegetables such as 350g broccoli, cut into florets, and a sliced carrot.
Chicken Korma can be made to the end of step 3 up to 2 days ahead; store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze for up to 1 month.
Along with our Chicken Korma, you will find over 80 mouthwatering but macro-friendly dish (45+ vegetarian) in THE BOD Fuel.